Best Biblical Girl Names (2020)
Finally, the time has arrived to decide on which names to add to your list for your unborn bundle of joy. The options are limitless. You can select the unique ones, popular ones, ones with better meaning, and even more loveable names. Moreover, you want your baby’s name to reflect your family’s belief in God and the fact that they are life’s miracle. Are you in need of Biblical girl names? So don’t go further looking than this list.
The following names are for anyone who wants their baby to grow up to be someone proud of their faith every step in life. If you’re looking for a unique biblical girl’s name, this Biblical baby names list can wonder you to add a few desirable options to your list.
If you’re searching for the perfect Biblical name for your baby girl, you’re sure to find it on our list. We’ve come up with a lot of adorable names, some of which are very popular nowadays and some that are uncommon and beautifully unique.
The Bible and also Christian history is rich with fascinating women scriptural biblical names for girls and children– from Abigail to Zipporah. Consider among these biblical girl names with a solid definition for your infant girl.
Elizabeth An enduring standard, Elizabeth implies, “consecrated to God.” It was the name of John the Baptist’s mommy in the Scriptures. Moreover, Elizabeth Seton, the first American saint. There is a massive variety of label options (including Eliza, Lisa, Beth, Betsy, and also Ellie, to name a few). Then it’s not surprising that it’s still in the top 15 child names for girls.
Magdalene Trying to find an exciting way to get to that Maggie label? It has a connection with one of the lots more intriguing females in the New Testimony, a follower of Jesus. The name indicates “tower.”.
10 Incredible Christian biblical boy names
Agnes Some saints bore the name Agnes, a Greek name that means “pure.” It became as one of the top names at the turn of the 20th century, and also appears positioned for a rebound.
Clare Popular Saint Clare of Assisi sported this wonderful name that means “brilliant.” The more preferred punctuation Claire remains in the top 50, while Clare remains in the leading 800.
Veronica One of the more remarkable stories in the New Testament surrounds this name. It is the female who wiped the face of Jesus as he dragged his cross to Calvary. His face promptly inscribed in her cloth. The name implies “victory bringer,” and also it’s presently in the top 400 biblical names for girls in the UNITED STATE
Nevaeh This freshly minted Christian name is paradise spelled in reverse. It’s been a top 100 name since its development at the turn of the 21st century.
Christian Biblical Girl Names
On the hunt for Christian child names? Utilize our listing to discover the great name.
Noelle Perfect for December children, this pleasant name literally implies “Christmas.”.
Mary One of the majority of long-lasting infant names of perpetuity is Mary. This name bestowed upon the mommy of Jesus. It topped the charts for years, as well as currently is still in the leading 150 names for girls. Variants like Marja, Marin, or Marelle might be a means to restore this traditional, which suggests “bitter.”.
Theodora A name that means “gift of God.” Theodora has a link to a very early martyr as well as aristocracy from the Byzantine Realm and Greece.
Hope The “merit” names– like Confidence, Charity, and also Felicity– have been prominent in Christian circles for centuries. Yet Hope may be the most preferred of all Biblical Girl Names.
- Abigail- An excellent meaning for a proud father.
- Abihail- The father is strength’. A mighty, unique name from Hebrew origin.
- Abishai- This Hebrew name means the presence of my father.
- Ada- A beautiful name of German descent meaning nobility
- Adah- This name means ‘assembly’ and is a Hebrew name.
- Angela- It is a Greek name meaning angelic
- Anna- Hebrew ascent meaning grace
- Ariel- Ariel is a Hebrew name.name that means ‘altar; light or lion of God’
- Artemis- means’ whole; sound’. An awesome Greek name.
- Atarah- This Hebrew name means crown
- Bathsheba- Hebrew descent, this name means daughter of an oath
- Bethany- The house of song
- Bethel- The home of God
- Beulah- This Hebrew name means married
- Bilhah- It’s a Hebrew name meaning which is old or confused.
- Candace- from Ethiopian descent, this name means who possesses contrition.
- Charity-A Latin name that means dear
- Chloe- This adorable name has a meaning of ‘young green shoot’ and Greek descent.
- Claudia- Latin name meaning lame
Biblical Girl Names starting with D.
- Damaris- A little woman, a great Latin name
- Deborah- Hebrew descent that means bee
- Delilah- It is of Arabic origin means to flirt.
- Dinah- says God will judge. This name is of Hebrew descent.
- Drusilla- It means ‘fruitful’ and is of Latin descent.
- Eden- pleasure; delight. It is a Hebrew name.
- Edna- pleasure; delight’.
- Elisha- It is a Latin name meaning the salvation of God.
- Elizabeth- saying ‘pledged to God’ and of Hebrew descent.
- Esther- This cute name means star of Persian descent
- Eva- This Biblical version is of Hebrew descent and means’ living; enlivening’.
- Eve- Eve means ‘life’ and is of Hebrew descent.
- Faith- This name is Latin and means’ loyalty; belief’.
- Gabriel- which means “devoted to God” in Hebrew. This is a very precious character in the Bible because it’s the Angel Gabriel, who tells Mary that she is carrying God’s son.
- Galilee- This name means ‘the province’ and is of Hebrew descent.
- Grace-This Latin name means favor blessing.
- Hannah- Grace and is of Hebrew descent.
- Havilah-stretch of sand
- Hope- expectation or belief
- Jael- Cute and girly
- Jasper- Treasure holder
- Jemimah- as beautiful as the day
- Jerusha- inheritance
- Jewell- Delight
- Joanna- God is gracious
- Joy-This is an Old French name meaning happiness
- Judith- The woman from Judea
- Julia- downy; soft and tender hair
- Keturah- incense and is of Hebrew descent.
- Keziah- cassia tree
- Leah- weary
- Lillian- elegant flower, a symbol of innocence; purity; beauty’.
- Lillith- Adorable
- Lois- better
- Lydia- The woman from Lydia
- Magdalen- The woman from Magdala or high tower
- Mara- bitterness
- Martha- lady
- Mary- Bitter
- Mercy- compassion, forbearance
- Michal- who is perfect
- Miriam- wished-for child
- Myra- pour out; weep
- Naomi- pleasantness
- Neriah- Light or the lamp of the Lord
- Olive- fruitfulness; beauty; dignity
- Oprah- dust; lead; a fawn
- Orpah- A fawn
- Paula-small; little
- Peninah – unique and beautiful.
- Prisca- Ancient
- Priscilla- Ancient
Biblical Girl Names starting with R
- Rachel- Ewe
- Rebecca- Fat; fattened and a quarrel appeased
- Rebekah- This lovely name is of Hebrew origin.
- Rhoda- A rose
- Rose- A rose
- Ruby- The red gemstone
- Ruth- compassionate friend
- Salome- peace
- Sarah- princess
- Sarai- Lady and princess
- Sharon – song
- Sherah- flesh relationship
- Shiloh- order, and abundance
- Shiphrah- handsome; trumpet; that does good
- Susannah- lily
- Tabitha- gazelle
- Tamar- date palm tree. It is a Hebrew name.
- Tamara- palm or date palm; palm tree
- Terah- to breathe; scent; blow
- Tirzah- benevolent or pleasing
- Victoria- victory
- Zemira- song; vine; palm
- Zilpah- distillation from the mouth
- Zina- A Greek name for any baby girl.
- Zipporah- bird