When it comes to naming your new arrival, there are unlimited options. But if you’re looking for something more unique to make your little boy stand out from the crowd, you need a badass baby name. From old-school tough guy names like “Buddy” and “Rocky” to modern names like “Blade” and “Brick,” we’ve got all the inspiration you need to find the perfect name for your bundle of joy. And trust us, with a name like this, he’s sure to be one badass little dude. Whether inspired by anything, badass names for boys are a great way to give your son a strong and memorable identity.
Why Do we Select Badass Names for Boys?
There are many reasons why parents might choose a “badass” name for their son.
- Maybe they want their son to have a strong, powerful name that will grow confidence in him.
- Maybe they want a name that will make people take notice of their son and remember him.
- They may think it’s a cool, unique name that will set their son apart.
Whatever the reason, there’s no doubt that these types of names can greatly impact a boy’s life. While not everyone will love every badass name out there, there are plenty of great options. So if you’re on the hunt for a truly unique and memorable name for your son, check out our list of badass names for boys!
Why You Should Refer to Your Son as a “Badass”?
When raising boys, there are many different approaches parents can take. Some people believe it’s important to teach traditional values to their sons to be respectful and well-mannered. Others believe that it’s more important to encourage their sons to be independent and self-dependent. But one thing that all parents can agree on is that we want our sons to grow up confident, successful men. And one way to help them achieve this is by referring to them as “badasses.” Here’s why you should refer to your son as a badass:
- It will help him develop a positive self-image: When you refer to your son as a badass, you’re sending the message that you believe in him and his ability to succeed. This will help him develop a positive self-image and high self-respect, both of which are essential for success.
- It will give him the confidence he needs to take risks: For your son to be successful, he needs to be willing to take risks. When you refer to him as a badass, you’re telling him that you believe he has what it takes to handle whatever comes his way. This confidence will empower him to take risks and stand out in the world, which is essential for achieving his goals.
50+ Badass Names for Guys and Their Meanings
- Ace: Of English origin, meaning “one who excels.”
- Aiden: Little fire
- Blaze: A bright flame
- Brody: Mud ditch
- Bruiser: Of English origin, meaning “a big and strong man.”
- Buck: Of American origin, meaning “a male deer or antelope.” It can also be a nickname for a man with buck teeth.
- Bull: Of American origin, meaning “an intimidating person.” It can also be a nickname for someone with red hair.
- Badger: Of English origin, meaning “one who is fierce and aggressive.”
- Beast: Of English origin, meaning “a large and dangerous animal.”
- Blade: Of English origin, meaning “a sharp weapon.”
- Cherokee: A Native American tribe from the southeastern United States. The name means “people of different speech,” referring to the fact that they spoke a different language from their neighbors.
- Dante: Steadfast
- Dash: Short form of Dashiell, meaning God is my judge
- Dakota: A Native American tribe from the northern United States. The name means “allies” or “friends.” Some famous Dakotas include the Sioux and Lakota tribes.
- Diesel: Fuel
- Eagle: Of American origin, meaning “a powerful bird of prey.” Eagle Eye is another popular variation of this name.
- Easton: East town
- Gage: Oath or pledge
- Grey: Gray colour
- Havoc: Chaos, destruction
- Hunter: One who hunts
- Jax: God has been gracious
- Jasper: Treasurer
- Knox: Hill
- Liam: Strong-willed warrior
- Marlon: Little hawk
- Max: The greatest
- Micah: Who is like God
- Nash: By the ash tree
- Owen: Well-born
- Phoenix: A mythical bird that rises from ashes
- Riley: Courageous
- Roman: A citizen of Rome
- Rowan: Red-haired
- Rylan: Island meadow
- Sage: Wise
- Samson: Sun
- Saul: Asked for
- Shane: God is gracious
- Titan: Giant
- Troy: Foot soldier
- Vance: Marshland
- Walker: Cloth fuller
- Wilder: Wild animal
- Xander: Defender of the people
- Yves: Yew tree
- Zane: God is gracious
- Zeus: King of the gods
- Akira: Bright, clear
- Callum: Dove
- Declan: Full of goodness
- Elijah: My God is Jehovah
- Finn: Fair
- Jaxon: Son of Jack
- Kael: Slender
- Kaine: Ancient
- Kyle: Narrow, straight
Again, please note that “badass” is subjective and can mean different things to different people. Some may consider these names cool and tough, but not others.
10 Badass Legends and Origins
In Japan, many anime and manga characters have badass names. These names are often derived from Japanese history and folklore. Here are some of the most popular badass names for boys, along with their meanings and origins:
- Kenshin – This name means “sword saint.” It is derived from the iconic character in the Rurouni Kenshin anime and manga series.
- Goku – This name means “strong one.” It is derived from the main protagonist of the Dragon Ball anime and manga series.
- Zoro – This name means “fox-like.” It is derived from the main protagonist of the One Piece anime and manga series.
- Naruto – This name means “maelstrom.” It is derived from the title character of the Naruto anime and manga series.
- Sasuke – This name means “hawk.” It is derived from the title character of the Naruto anime and manga series. This name comes from the Japanese word for “help” or “assist.” It’s often given to characters who are skilled helpers or team support members.
- Jett – This name comes from the Japanese word for “black” or “dark.” It’s a popular name for characters who are dark-haired or have a dark personality.
- Raiden – This name comes from the Japanese word for “thunder.” It’s a popular name for powerful or aggressive characters.
- Kazuo – This name comes from the Japanese word for “peaceful.” It’s often given to calm or collected characters.
- Yami: Yami means “darkness” in Japanese. It is often used as the name of dark or mysterious characters.
- Kurayami: Kurayami means “darkness” in Japanese. It is often used as the name of dark or mysterious characters.
There are a lot of badass names for boys out there. But which one is right for your little guy? It depends on what you’re looking for. Consider something like Blaze, Blade, or Rocko if you want an edgy and cool name. Jack or Finn is better suited if you’re looking for something more laid-back and easygoing. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide what kind of name best fits your son’s personality. But whatever you choose, we’re sure he’ll be a badass no matter what.